CREATE AN UPCOMING EVENT
1. The Staff will give the Web Team any events to be listed.
2. Go to the Upcoming Events page in Squarespace, move your mouse over the events. Select "Add Event". The "Edit Window" screen pops up.
3. Content Pane
- Type Name of Event
- Select date and time of the event
- Type in blurb. This is usually provided by the event coordinator or their website.
4. Options Pane
- Thumbnail Image
- Use Image they gave you
- Create image with this Photoship template
- If creating image, use their color scheme.
- If there is no color scheme, use muted solid colors
- Consciously use colors that work with black, grey, gold & white
- Event url
- name after the event, the simpler the better
- Remove hyphens and underscores
- Exerpt - Fill this with an abreviated description.
- This appears in the thumbnail view of all events
- If don't put something short, the full description appears
- Featured event - Will cause event to show top of list.
- We will only feature an event occasionaly.
- Business Name: Hinson Baptist Church
- Church Building Address: 1137 SE 20th Avenue
- Annex: 1315 SE 20th Avenue
6. Save and Publish
- Save and Publish publishes your event immediately
- Save doesn't not publish your event.