Our hope - The Gospel
At the heart of the Bible is the message of the Gospel. This is the message that all of the Old Testament points to and all of the New Testament proclaims. This is the message on which Christians throughout the centuries have staked their lives. And this is the message that continues to ring out today, as God declares how sinners may be saved from His judgment through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Our prayer is that you might not only come to understand the Gospel, but also come to see what it means for your life. What is this message? (click play to listen)
Our Statement of Faith
The most important thing when looking for a church is knowing what they believe. This is why Statements of Faith are helpful. They express what a church believes Scripture teaches. They’re not meant to be exhaustive or replace God’s Word, but simply focus on what beliefs are essential for us to be Christians and for us to be a church. All who join Hinson Baptist Church are required to affirm the following Statement of Faith, which reveals us to be a historically Christian, evangelical, and Baptist church. Far from merely being a document to which we give mental assent, this statement outlines the hope that we have for being accepted by God. Our prayer is that our lives would reflect this hope.
- We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be verbally inspired by God and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also that spiritual death that is separation from God; that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, and therefore are sinners in thought, word and deed.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, as a representative and a substitutionary sacrifice; and that all who believe in Him are justified on the grounds of His shed blood.
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into heaven, and in His present life there for us, as High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe in the sudden, visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ and in His Millennial Kingdom.
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the eternal blessedness of the saved, and the eternal punishment of the lost.
- We believe that baptism is the immersion of a believer, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit in testimony of faith in the crucified, buried and risen Christ, and in confession that the believer is to be dead to sin and risen to newness of life in Christ Jesus; and that the Lord’s Supper is a commemoration of the Lord’s death “till He comes.”
Our Church covenant
As those who have been brought to repent and believe in Jesus Christ by the grace of God, being united to Him by His Spirit we now solemnly and joyfully covenant with one another.
We will work and pray for the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
We will, by God’s grace, forsake the paths of sin, and walk in the ways of holiness all the days of our lives, striving together for the advancement of this church in knowledge, holiness, and comfort.
We will regularly gather together, engaging in gospel community, rejoicing with each other’s happiness, and bearing one another’s burdens and sorrows.
We will pray for each other and provide help to those in our midst who are in need.
We will pursue the Lord Jesus Christ through the ordinary means of grace and will encourage the same in one another.
We will bring up those under our care in the nurture and admonition of the Lord, and, by a pure and loving example, seek the salvation of our family and friends.
We will live carefully and honorably before the world, remembering that as we have been voluntarily buried through baptism and raised again in Christ, so there is on us a special obligation to lead a new and holy life.
We will lovingly guard one another from the deceitfulness of sin, giving and receiving admonition in humility and affection.
We will bear patiently with one another, diligently pursuing biblical reconciliation.
We will work together to promote a faithful gospel ministry in this church, as we sustain its worship, ordinances, discipline and doctrines. We will contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of the ministry of this church for the spread of the gospel through all nations.
Should we leave this church, we will seek another church where we can carry out the principles of God’s Word as followers of our Lord Jesus Christ.
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us all. Amen.