Our Women’s Ministry exists to engage women with the truth of God’s Word in the context of meaningful relationships. We offer a variety of programs.
Hinson Women’s Retreat
June 2-3, 2017
Click here for details and registration
July 14-16, 2017 | Camp Tadmor
You will be inspired and challenged as a Christian woman by speaker Kerri Kenyon. You will be well fed by the fabulous Camp Tadmor cooks. You will have lots of time to participate in games or crafts, read a book, or take a long walk in the woods.
Women's Camp is an event designed to bring women together from our community of churches for a time of a REST:
- Refreshed from normal routines and responsibilities
- Encouraged to look beyond ourselves, to build disciples in your current mission field
- Stimulated to see God's perspective in our lives
- Transformed and redirected toward God
Women's Bible Study - In Spirit and truth
We are just wrapping up a great year of studying the Bible together with 3 different groups covering the books of Ruth, Hosea, the Gospel of Mark, and Seeing Jesus Through the Old Testament (a guide by Nancy Guthrie). To read the teaching portion of the Ruth and Hosea studies, visit www.hinsonwomen.org.
After a break for the summer months we will begin again in September.
- Tuesday Evening group will meet on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays starting in October. 7-9pm
- Thursday Morning group begins September 14th , 9:30-11am, and will spend the year in the Gospel of Mark. We are excited to use a study guide written by our own Hinson writing team: Mary Liebert, Adrienne Lawrence , Kelly Sauter, Holly Willsea, and Whitney Woollard. Childcare is available with Thursday Kids.
- Thursday Evening group will start the fall with an 8-week study on the Book of Ruth (Guide written by Whitney Woollard) starting September 21st , 7-9pm.
- More information and registration for all 3 groups will be coming in August.
Women’s Cancer Survivor Brunch
All women cancer survivors are invited to a survivor brunch. For dates, details, and directions contact Jennifer Saks and Jeanie Hewitt.
Faith with Flair! The Merry Hatters combine their faith in the claims of Christ with their well- earned experience that "a merry heart does good like a medicine." Meeting on the third Saturday of each month, these fellowships include food, conversation, laughter and support in the on-going challenge of living successfully according to God's plan.
Equipping Opportunities by Western Seminary:
- Women’s Center for Ministry
- Verity Fellowship
The Verity Fellowship is a gospel-centered ministry of Western Seminary, encouraging and equipping women to use Scripture well.
We believe that Jesus is central. We want women to be reminded of the beauty and importance of Jesus Christ as they teach the Bible so that his centrality flows into every aspect of their ministries. We do this through our blog, where you'll find members of the Verity community expressing what it looks like to minister the Bible to others. We also strive to equip through our annual events, our conference, our forum, and our training.
Verity Forum 2017 information